This dry Riesling shows excellent balance of fruitiness and acidity, and is an excellent wine to enjoy as a welcome drink or to pair with fresh fish.
The growing season in the Pfalz started early and the summer was very hot and dry, which led to an early harvest. The yields were excellent compared to the small 2017 vintage, and we were very happy to have such healthy grapes and high quality. The 2018 harvest period was unproblematic and quite smooth. Because of the dry weather conditions and the healthy state of the grapes there was no need to rush, giving us time for careful selection and very gentle handling in the cellar.
• Harvested at optimal ripeness for a bright, fresh style.
• No overripe or botrytis-affected fruit is allowed.
• Fruit processed as quickly as possible to preserve freshness.
• Cool fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
• No malolactic fermentation.
• Light filtration before bottling. No other filtering or fining.